Body Confidence ❤️

I think one of the biggest things I lack is body confidence. I walk down the street and I see other girls who are thinner, prettier or both. I always compare myself to others - "my thighs are bigger than hers" "my stomach isn't as flat at hers" "I wish my teeth were straight like hers"

Growing up everyone has said to me to embrace your body, not to compare yourself to others, not to think negatively of yourself. That I'm perfect the way I am, but when I look in the mirror I see nothing that perfect. 

It's a great thing to think - yet I fail to do it. No matter how hard I try, I always look at someone and know my thighs aren't as thin as hers, my stomach sticks out and wobbles, and my teeth aren't perfect. I don't care for the girls in magazines, or tv who are airbrushed. I think it's more how I feel inside myself, I'm not happy with how I look.

If I could change one part of myself, it would be confidence. I want to walk down the street and not care about the girl walking past, I want to not care about who thinks what about my body. I want to love myself. 

I sympathise with girls my age and younger. It's hard when there are girls prettier than you - thinner than you, and more perfect. We are all different and unique, and sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that. 

One day I hope I can be confident and not care! I'll let you know when I do... 

Comments